Fire - Emergency Medical Services
"A North Carolina Approved Model EMS System"
The primary function of Currituck County Fire-EMS (CCFEMS) is to provide pre-hospital Advanced Life Support emergency medical care and transportation to the citizens and visitors of Currituck County. The department is staffed by Basic, Intermediate, and Paramedic Emergency Medical Technicians and certified firefighters.
We are also charged with assisting the six contracted Volunteer Fire Departments with fire and rescue response, education and suppression.
For EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE, call 9-1-1
- View the Fire-Emergency Medical Services brochure
- Volunteer as an EMS provider with CCFEMS!
- Want to volunteer with one of our six (6) Volunteer Fire Departments? Click here to link you to their websites!
- Visit the Fire & EMS Advisory Board for agendas and meeting minutes
- Did you have an experience that you really enjoyed? Please fill out our compliment form here
- Do you have ideas where we can improve service? Please fill out our complaint/improvement form here
What This Department Does
- Responds to requests for emergency medical services and provides assistance to the volunteer fire departments
- Staffs eight to ten ambulances 24-hours-a-day. Emergency crews are currently stationed in Moyock, Sligo, Waterlily, Grandy, Corolla, Carova, Pine Island and Knotts Island.
- Provides Advanced Life Support emergency medical treatment/transport, vehicle extraction,
- Assist the Sheriff's Office, Ocean Rescue and Volunteer Fire Departments with all hazards response
- Provides medical support for any large events or special events
What This Department Does Not Do
- Provide medical transport for non-emergency patients
- In severe emergencies, EMS staff utilizes Nightingale Air Ambulance at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital and Dare Med Flight based in Manteo, NC. On occasion, a helicopter from the U.S. Coast Guard Station in Elizabeth City may be called to assist.
MR: Medical Responder
EMT: Emergency Medical Technician
EMT-B: Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
EMT-I: Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate
EMT-P: Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic
FF 1: Firefighter Level 1
FF 2: Firefighter Level 2
153 Courthouse Road, Suite 303
Currituck, NC 27929
The Fire-Emergency Medical Services Administrative office is located at 2826 Caratoke Hwy, Currituck, NC.
Administrative Office Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.